Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving

Thursday



 My brother and I went to Cody and Tessa’s for Thanksgiving. Her family wasn’t there and Jenny was with Andrew’s family, so it was a small group. It was nice to have time with the girls and to actually have a conversation with Cody, Tessa and Vicki. April was in good spirits (it’s hit and miss these days).

Before we left, they took us over to their farm so the girls could introduce us to their horses. Lainey’s birthday party will be there on Saturday. Cody is turning part of the barn into an office for his business, and that’s where the cake and ice cream will be served if he can finish it before 3 p.m. Saturday.

I dropped my brother at home and drove to Mica’s. She spent the day at her brother’s and needed me to let out the little white dog and Chloe, his guest for the day. I hung out with them until it was time to go to Blaine’s to meet his sister and brother-in-law.

It was a pleasant few hours of conversation. One nice thing about initial meetings is there is plenty of ground to cover. Annie and Cal are easy to be around, much like everyone I’ve met through Blaine.

Blaine served the pie we made last night. He took some ribbing from Annie and Cal about him participating in baking. (“I had no idea you knew the stove could do that.” “I can’t taste the hickory. You might want to have your grill looked at.”)

After they left, Blaine hoped we could spend the rest of the evening relaxing quietly. I had to disappoint him. At lunch I noticed Lainie was wearing the same the bracelet I has bought her for her birthday so I needed to find something else. Kohl's had opened for whatever they call these Thanksgiving Day sales, and since there was one near Blaine's, I thought I'd try there. I didn't expect Blaine to go with me, but he offered. Standing in a 30-minute line would be more fun with him so I didn't talk him out of it. It was his first, and likely last, Black...Thursday experience.

I picked out a pair of sparkly kid earrings for Lainey. The 70% off sale made them affordable. I talked Blaine into buying a quilt for the basement bedroom because I don't like the comforter we picked out. Out of the bag and in a normal sized room it was too much. He's OK with it, but the quilt is simpler and better and a much better deal given the sale. It's blue, not quite the navy I hoped for, but it will work. Since we were going to stand in line for that (I'd been able to pay for the earrings at the jewelry counter), he went to the toys an found a couple of things Eli wants.

"Want to stay up all night and shop?" I asked as we left the store.

"If you're willing to drop 'and shop,' we'll talk."

I was having trouble staying awake on the way back to his house so nothing about that deal worked out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.