Monday, January 22, 2018

Work from home

The weather was bad all day. Freezing rain this morning; sleet, snow and wind all afternoon.

I really hate being on the streets when it's slick. More than that, I hate the possibility that I won't be able to make it into my driveway. The last time I couldn't make it up the slope, I had to park on the street and got stuck against the curb. I tried to dig myself out but ended up having to wait for the snowplows to clean the street.

The morning commute was slick but manageable. I was grumpy by the time I got to work and decided I was going to do something I've never done before: Ask to take the afternoon off.

My boss was fine with it. I went ahead and brought my computer and files home so I could work on Henry's proposal. I sent him my phone number so he could call and talk through the changes he wanted made. The afternoon was as productive as it would have been had I been at the office. I just wish I could do it again tomorrow.

Eve decided to work from home, too, and she and I instant messaged for awhile. It was like whispering in class. She doesn't ask about Blaine directly anymore. She knows we have been seeing each other because on Mondays we talk about what we did over the weekend. Blaine is part of a large group of friends who get together for lunch on Sundays. Maybe he's filling her in then and she doesn't need the details from me. I doubt it though. Blaine doesn't strike me as the type to go all teenage girl about a date. As for me, I stick to generalities -- went to the symphony and had drinks afterward.

Anyway, I'm still cold from shoveling. It's early but I'm going to bed to get warm and to read until I'm ready to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.