Thursday, April 26, 2018

Impatience

The only bad thing about working with Henry is his impatience once he becomes excited about an idea. We hit that point today. He announced to me that he wants to go public with his new thing next week. I can't see that happening but I'll do my best to get everything he wants done. The trouble is I have a long to-do list from the rest of my job and I'm tired of people thinking I'm not doing anything because everything I do is for someone else. I'll work this weekend as I can but my free time is limited. I have two things scheduled Saturday and one thing Sunday. I'm not canceling any of it.

At the end of the meeting with Henry, as I was packing up my laptop and notes, he leaned back in his chair. That's the sign that he wants to chit-chat. He filled me in on the latest puppy news. Their dog is slightly younger than Izzy and they're having trouble housebreaking her. There is intrigue afoot in of our departments (when isn't there?). He's going to take some days off because he has just about maxed out his vacation time (know that situation well). When he finished catching me up he asked, as he always does, "What's new with you?" In the three years I've worked with him, I've rarely had anything new to report. I didn't even think about Blaine, but Henry had met him at the banquet so he asked about him and whether we're "an item." Henry said he and Julia had liked Blaine and had hoped there was something happening between us.

It was nearly 5:00 when I got back to my office. I just locked the door and walked out. In the parking lot I ran into a coworker who recently lost her husband under some tough circumstances. I hadn't seen her since she had returned to work but had been thinking about her. I don't know her well but always enjoy talking to her when our paths cross. She seemed to want to talk, so I stayed and listened. I always wish I had the power to fast forward people past the grieving period. It's such an excruciating time.

I drove straight to Eve's to let Izzy out. She and Paul had something going on that will keep them away until late. I only stayed a few hours, long enough to feed, walk and play with her until she was fairly worn out.

I'm fairly worn out too. I keep waking in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep but am too tired to get up and do anything productive. 

Edited to add:

On Facebook, a professional group I belong to posted this graphic to promote their next event. Sure looks like something I could get enthusiastic about.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.