Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Steamed

Someone at work came to me and asked if I wanted a dog. The person’s relative no longer wants the dog and threatened to have it put down if my coworker didn’t take it. I’d have the relative put down if it were up to me. Keeping that suggestion to myself, I offered to get them in touch with a rescue.

I contacted someone I know at a small-dog rescue, and she agreed to take the dog but preferred it stay with the owner until adoption since foster homes are hard to come by. The coworker agreed to that. When I called the rescue back I said I would be a backup foster for this one. Since it’s a senior dog, it may take awhile to find a home and I’m afraid talk of putting it down will come up again.

I absolutely do not understand how someone can be cold hearted enough to put down a pet for the sake of convenience. Hours later, I’m still steamed about it.

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.