Monday, July 16, 2018

New phone

For three years the 2, 7 and 9 on my office phone have stuck and stuttered. Finally, today I got a new phone. I had hoped for an upgrade to one with a speaker that I can use when Henry calls and wants me to make changes to a document while he’s feeding them to me. No joy there, but I can dial out without having to try two or three times, so I’ll not grouse.

Because of the death of my coworker, I’ve started to work a little more closely with the person who has taken over a lot of her work. We had to talk about a promotional item he wants ordered, and he ended up sticking around my office to talk about Trump’s tariffs. Honestly, I don’t know how we ended up there. It was a good conversation though.

I have a ton of stuff on my to-do list and it’s all time consuming. I worked until 7:00 but didn’t finish what I was working on. Might be half done. I’ll try to go in early tomorrow. I doubt I’ll try very hard. I am no longer a morning person.

Eve was only at work for part of the day. Her poor mom is struggling with a health issue that the doctors can’t figure out. Every test comes back normal. It’s moving from frustrating to heartbreaking. While nothing life threatening is happening, it is severely restricting the activities she can do and that’s been very hard on her. This isn't anything I can help with, but I sure wish I could.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.