Monday, August 6, 2018

A new concept

I decided to add a dorm-size refrigerator to my office. Mica helped me haul it and move it in tonight. I’ve gone back and forth on getting one for over a year. There is a full-size refrigerator in the break room. It’s generally disgusting, as many workplace refrigerators are, but it has other issues too, some mechanical (temperature fluctuations) and some human (lunch stealers). I keep losing bottles of Diet Coke to thieves, and last week when three went missing, I’d had enough.

As thanks, I treated Mica to dinner at a new restaurant we discovered a few weeks ago. I did not have to twist her arm.

She and the owner have a flirtation going. It began on our first visit. He was there talking to customers and stopped by our table to ask if we had questions about the menu. Very quickly all of his attention was on Mica. He ended up taking care of our table. When her meal took longer than he thought it should have, he offered her a dessert on the house. She didn’t let on that she noticed his attention, but I noticed she started drinking her pop unusually fast, which brought him back frequently.

We went back for lunch last week. Again, he waved the server off and took care of our table. We learned his name is Greg, he’s a handful of years younger than Mica, this restaurant is a new “concept” for him and he’s still experimenting with the menu and refining it based on what people order and the feedback customers offer.

Tonight he wasn’t out front when we arrived. I asked Mica if she wanted to go to McDonalds instead. It was a good thing she said no because he came out a little while later. He entered the dining room from behind her, so only I saw how he glanced around then did a double take on her. He came over and talked and flirted. Had there been a bar, I would have excused myself, but this is a little place and there wasn’t anywhere to go.

He’s definitely her type, both physically and in personality, plus Mica loves to cook and the two of them could geek out about seasonings and the bitterness of different greens for hours and hours.

I’m anxious to see if this will go anywhere. Lucky for me the food is good since I suspect I’ll be trying out a lot of the menu before all this is sorted.

In other news, Blaine ordered a new pane of glass for the door. It will be ready tomorrow, and he’s going to pick it up for me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.