Monday, October 29, 2018

Whisperer

Paul stopped in at the office this afternoon. Instead of turning into Eve’s office, he came to mine. “You’re just the person I need to see.”

Hearing his voice, Eve looked across the hall where her husband was standing in my doorway. “Whaaaat?”

He gave me a smile before he turned toward her. “I need to get a hold of Henry.”

“Well, I know Henry too,” she reminded.

“Do you want to ask him to call me if he’s still interested in hunting pheasant with Blaine and me?”

I’d forgotten about that.

Eve waved her hand. “No. You’ll get a faster response this way.”

“I’m not the Henry whisperer,” I said. I opened an email, ready to type in the information. At the end of the hallway the outside door opened and I heard Henry’s voice. “Or maybe I am.”

Henry does want to go with them. They’re planning to hunt on land owned by Blaine’s brother-in-law. They want to go on a Saturday before Thanksgiving. They will select a date as soon as Blaine is able to talk to his brother-in-law.

Eve and I might ask Julia to do something that day, once we know what it is.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.