Thursday, November 15, 2018

Write, post, sleep...hope it makes sense

As soon as I arrived at work this morning, I submitted a request to take this afternoon off. I didn't think I would make through the day otherwise.

I'm having several days of extreme tiredness. It should end soon. It's horrible right now though.

Before I went home, I drove to an outlet mall where I hoped to by a plate and a bowl from the Corning store. Why? Because the dishes are unbreakable and that's what I need when I'm staying at Eve's. The first time I dog sat Izzy, I broke one of Eve's stoneware plates when it slipped out of my hands and hit the bottom of the sink. Since then I've taken paper plates and bowls to use. I've sworn Blaine to secrecy about that.

During my last stay it occurred to me that all I need is something practical. The Corning store sells everything individually so I could get one of whatever I wanted and be golden.

Of course that's the store that is no longer there.

Since I rarely go to the outlets, I decided it was worth checking out a few stores for Christmas dresses. I found one, and I like it pretty well even though it has some sparkly stuff on the neckline. I took it straight to the seamstress so she can raise the hemline and shorten the sleeves. I asked if she could remove the sparkle and she said no. It wasn't clear whether she couldn't or wouldn't. She doesn't always approve of my fashion choices.

She asked me if I had lots of parties to go to this year, and I told her I did. I do not recognize my life anymore.

So, I should be set for the parties. I guess I haven't figured out what to wear to Kim and John's retro party, but I have an idea. They aren't asking people to dress the part; I just think it would be fun.

A little while ago I fell asleep on the couch. I could crawl into bed right now--6:53--and be quite happy until at least 4 a.m. I'm expecting a call from Peggy so I have to stay awake until then.

I see that registration for Holidailies is open. I'm debating signing up for it. Not sure I can post daily for that long, but it would be a clean way to wrap up the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.